Sunday, August 9, 2009

Squamish Climbing Magazine


I thought I'd provide a link to the first edition of Squamish Climbing Magazine, a new online publication devoted to Squamish and other Northwest rock climbing areas. It's produced by Tim Schaufele, who obviously put in a ton of work in finding articles, finishing a creative layout, and generally putting the whole thing together. I'm assuming the magazine is a quarterly, and I hope the effort, funding, and readership will all build to support this effort through many more issues.

Of special interest to NWGranite followers is a short trip report/article on Leavenworth put together by my friend Rick Kupskay. It's hard to write about Leavenworth without devoting a lot of time to tongue-in-cheek discussion of the Bavarian theme, and I hope that Rich's article won't steal too much of the thunder from the Climbing Magazine article by Jackie Hueftle and myself that is up for publication this fall. Rich's feature has some great pictures and definitely does the area justice... so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment