Monday, April 13, 2009

Thunderdome FA

I was back out in Leavenworth this weekend, climbing with an even larger group of people. I think there were 20 people around the fire on Saturday night... The weather was good on Friday and Saturday, and we all had a blast. I'll upload some pictures in a day or two, but for now here's a raw video of Johnny climbing a new problem, yet another one listed as a project in Central Washington Bouldering to go down.

The climb is a right variation to Mad Max at the JY Boulders, adding several hard moves in the steeps to a long, pumpy topout. Johnny flashed the stand start, which I can personally attest is an inspiring feat - I couldn't even do several moves when I worked on it in the past. After another half-hour, he climbed the full line, starting as for Mad Max and moving right after the first two moves. Johnny kicked around a few names, including "Mad Joel," but I think he settled on Thunderdome or Return to Thunderdome. Yet another example of a five-star problem just popping up in Leavenworth...

Johnny G on the FA on Thunderdome

No comments:

Post a Comment