Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Leavenworth Article

I'm proud to announce that an article I co-authored with Jackie Hueftle about Leavenworth bouldering has recently been published in Climbing Magazine. My good friend Max Hasson took all of the photos, which feature only Washington-based climbers on the beautiful granite boulders of Leavenworth and Gold Bar. I had mixed feelings about writing an article that would give Leavenworth more exposure and bring more boulderers to Washington, but I think that we did a good job and that's really all that I could hope for. It's my hope that the increased publicity will simply increase the pace of Leavenworth's development, as well as push us "locals" into the mountains to discover more new areas.

Check it out, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment