Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jib Skiing Vid

I really try to avoid re-posting other videos/posts relating to climbing and other outdoor sports here, but this jib skiing video was literally so breathtaking that I had to post it.  I know it's almost eight months old, but what better time to post a skiing vid than during the triple-digits heat of mid-August??

I was huge into skiing in high school and the first couple years of college (before climbing took over), but I really miss it, and it's videos like this that make me reconsider me and Cortney's decision not to live in a mountain town for a few years.  I will definitely be doing some skiing this winter!!!  I'm not saying I'll be Shane McConkey (skiing's John Sherman, except talented like Chris Sharma.  There is nobody remotely as cool in climbing today), but I'm motivated to get into the mountains regardless...

I used to watch videos of J.P. doing beautiful 360s and 540s in old Matchstick Productions videos, and it inspired me to try a part of skiing I never had: doing pre-planned tricks off of man-made jumps.  To make a long story short, I broke my thumb and turned my back on the sport: enter the phase of life where I'd rather go to Stoney G's than bust turns in 12" pow at Alpental on the average weekday winter night.  Oh well... This video inspires me to pick it up again.  Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment